About Lives Over Leases
LivePerson, a publicly held technology company, is leading the Lives Over Leases campaign to unite businesses against commercial real estate companies and developers. We want to be able to invest money tied up in leases into employees, improving their work-from-anywhere environments, making physical spaces safe, and helping businesses avoid bankruptcy.
Types of Information We Collect
We collect certain automatic information about you when you engage with the Site, and you are in control if you choose to share your contact information with us. We may collect:
- Your name, email address, and any other contact information you may provide, if you choose to sign up to join the Lives Over Leases movement;
- Usage information, such as browsing and other online behavior and activities;
- Location information, such as IP address or geolocation information; and
- Automatic information, such as analytics data, including view tallies and time spent on the Site, and device data, such as device type, unique identifiers, and browser settings.
How We Use Data
By using the Site, you agree, to the extent permitted under applicable law, that LivePerson can contact you by email (or SMS if you opt in and provide your phone number) from time to time with information about Lives Over Leases or the Site. We will offer you the ability to unsubscribe from any campaign or event-based messaging we send to you.
When We Share Data
Consent. With your consent, we may share your information for any legitimate business purpose.
Legal Reasons. We may share your information for legal reasons if we reasonably believe that we need to in order to:
- comply with a legal process (such as a court order or subpoena) or other governmental request;
- defend ourselves in an actual or potential lawsuit;
- investigate and prevent unauthorized or illegal activities; and/or
- protect our rights or property or prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of our users.
To Improve the Site. We may use and share information for our legitimate business purposes, such as for training and quality assurance, delivering and improving our services and products, and internal research and analysis.
When You Share Data
It is up to you if you decide to share your contact information with LivePerson. If you do not wish to provide that information, then you need not do so.
Cookies are small text files stored on a visitor’s web browser and applications. Cookies are often used to make browsing easier by performing functions such as saving passwords and maintaining lists of personal preferences regarding your use of a website. The Site may use the below types of cookies.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – these cookies are essential to enable you to browse the Site and use the available features.
- Functionality Cookies – these cookies allow the Site to remember choices you make while browsing, such as geographic location and preferences (e.g., text size and fonts).
- Performance Cookies – these cookies collect information about how you use the Site. For instance, these cookies track which pages you visit most. This data may be used to help optimize the Site and make it easier for you to navigate.
- Analytics Cookies - these cookies track your activity on the Site to help deliver to you and track relevant marketing and advertising.
Other identification technologies that may be used by the Site:
- Pixel tags (also called beacons or pixels) – these are small blocks of code installed on (or called by) a webpage or application, which can retrieve certain information about your device and browser, including device type, operating system, browser type and version, website visited, time of visit, referring website, IP address and other similar information.
- Software Development Kits (also called SDKs) - function like pixels and cookies, but operate in the mobile application context where pixels and cookies cannot always function. The application developer can install pieces of code (the SDK) into the application to collect certain information about user interaction with the application and information about the user device and network information.
How to Control Cookies. Web browsers are usually set to accept cookies. However, if you prefer not to receive cookies, you can modify your settings in most web browsers to accept or deny cookies or to request your permission each time a site attempts to set a cookie. Note that if you choose to disable cookies, not all functionality offered by the Site will be available or will work as effectively for you.
Instructions for how to manage cookies on certain desktop browsers:
Instructions for how to manage cookies on certain mobile browsers:
For further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, you can visit www.youronlinechoices.com.
Do Not Track. Various browsers currently offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option that relies on a technology that sends a signal to websites a user visits about that user’s browser DNT preferences. LivePerson currently does not respond to such signals because a common industry standard for DNT has not been adopted. LivePerson will continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology.
Third-Party Links or Services
Data Privacy Rights
Global Data Transfers. We provide and support the Site globally. If you choose to use the Site, we may transfer and process your personal data on servers that are located outside of the country where you live. You consent to this transfer if you use the Site.
EU Data Rights. EU individuals have the right to access personal data about them, and to limit use and disclosure of their personal data. We have commited to respect those rights. You may request to review, correct, delete, transfer or receive a copy of any of the personal information you provide through the Site, or request to withdraw your consent to LivePerson processing your personal data, by contacting us at email@example.com. If you believe that we have not been able to assist you with your inquiry and you are located in the European Economic Area, you have the right to file a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
EU and Switzerland Adequate Transfer Safeguards. For transfers of data outside of the EU or Switzerland, LivePerson will enter into European Commission-approved standard contractual clauses (available here) and has executed standard contractual clauses among its affiliates to enable such lawful transfers.
CA Data Rights. California residents have the right to access personal data that we collect about them, to learn how we process personal data, to request deletion of personal data, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You can request to exercise these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or LivePerson, Inc., Attn: Legal Department, 475 Tenth Ave., 5th floor, New York, NY 10018. We do not sell your personal data, so we do not offer an opt-out.
The Site is meant for people who are 18 or older. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian of an individual under the age of 18 and believe your child has provided personal information to us, you may email email@example.com and ask us to remove that data. As permitted by law, we have the right to delete information of anyone we believe is under the age of 18.
Changes to this Policy
Launch Date: August 20, 2020